1. Some people avoid living near the airport — you; however, love being in the flight path.
The sound of large planes rocks you to sleep and it’s oh-so-convenient being five short minutes away from an international airport. Sometimes you stare out the window and wonder where each plane is headed to.
2. You feel more comfortable traveling with a small backpack than a large suitcase.
You have no problem re-wearing several outfits while exploring different countries and the thought of hauling around multiple bags stresses you out. While some of your friends pack clothes for every occasion, bring their makeup collection, shoes, and their entire supply of beauty products, you don’t even bring a hair dryer.
3. You don’t bring enough clothes for a trip but you don’t skimp on electronics.
Stashed away in your carry-on is a DSLR, GoPro, laptop, iPad, camcorder, and other devices to document your time spent abroad.
4. Your currency collection is out of control.
You’ve never even made a conscious effort to collect different currencies, but somehow you still have bags and bags of coins. They’re in your suitcases, handbags, vehicle glove compartment, and every flat surface in your home.
5. You’d rather be flying…
Plain and simple.
Quite a few people are terrified of flying but it’s your time to think and relax. Your carry-on is one of your most prized possessions and you know how to pack it well. Pretzels, complimentary drinks, and reading/writing time is your jam.
6. Your main goal in life it to become a legit travel blogger.
You can’t imagine a life without travel and making a living off of something you love would be wonderful. Planning your next trip consumes you so why not get paid for exploring the world and sharing these experiences with others? Feel free to hire me, Travel Channel. (wishful thinking)
7. You laugh when people claim that you’re traveling to a “dangerous” country.
You’ve heard this a few times and you still take the trip anyway. Completely worth it.
8. Your Pinterest board is your happy place.
It’s filled with wanderlust-filled photos, your travel bucket list, and adventures you’ve already had.
9. You thank God that you’re with someone who’s as interested in seeing the world as you are.
And if you’re not yet tied down, you’re looking for a co-pilot. What a boring life it would be if travel wasn’t on the agenda.
10. You have travel stories for every occasion.
Having lunch at an Imam’s house, spending the night in a Scottish castle, almost getting in a car wreck in Istanbul because of a crazy cab driver… you’re THAT annoying person and you can’t help it. Sorry, people.
11. As long as you have your passport, all is well.
That time you sent off your passport to be renewed? Pure chaos. You couldn’t eat. You couldn’t sleep. You were worried you’d miss out on a vacation because of the long renewal period… Then you were worried you wouldn’t get your old passport back. Gotta keep all those old stamps.
12. You’ve already made plans for your unborn child.
He or she will know at least three different languages and attend an international school at some point. And you’ll be the proudest parent when they take their first backpacking trip across Europe.
13. You know that traveling to non-touristy cities often turn out to be the most rewarding.
Plus being surrounded by lots of tourists is pretty annoying anyway.
14. You don’t exactly know what you want to be when you grow up (if the whole travel blogger thing doesn’t work out), but you are certain you’ll live abroad again.
Having a job that allows lots of travel is a must.
15. … And you’re determined to finally get on HGTV’s International House Hunters.
16. Your travel blogger friends are the only ones who understand you.
You talk to them every day and share daily activities and future dreams. These usually include travel plans. Duh.
17. Your apartment or house looks like a souvenir shop.
There is a map, globe, and painting in almost every room and you don’t have enough space for all of the trinkets you’ve picked up during your travels.
18. A familiar rush of adrenaline washes over you every time you book a flight.
You do a little happy dance, start fantasizing about foreign cuisine, and then hit up AirBnb to find accommodations.
19. You hate needles but are seriously contemplating a tattoo.
And you have a Pinterest board dedicated to art relating to travel. A map? A compass? The word “wanderlust” written across your side? These are all possibilities.
20. You firmly believe that life should be one big adventure.
And you wouldn’t have it any other way.
Filed Under: Travel