I always love hearing about blogger’s favorite photography equipment so I figured I’d give you all a peek of what’s in my camera bag… because being snoopy is fun.
2. Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera. This is my baby. Like I’ve stated in my FAQ section, I started on a Canon EOS Rebel T2i but switched to the D600 when I returned to the States and wanted something a little more advanced. I didn’t plan on dropping Canon for Nikon, but I liked how this specific camera felt in my hands.
3. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G SIC SW Prime AF-S Nikkor Lens. This was the second lens I purchased for my camera body and I haven’t felt the need to buy anything else (yet). I use this lens for almost all of my portraits and it’s great for street photography.
4. ONA The Bowery Camera Bag – Antique Cognac. The ONA Bowery bag is crafted with gorgeous Italian leather and is the sturdiest camera bag I’ve ever owned. It doesn’t scream “I have expensive camera gear in here!” and I can fit my camera body, a couple lenses, memory cards and filters in it for a day trip.
5. Promaster Digital HGX Ultraviolet (UV) Filter – 58. I use this UV filter on my prime lens. It protects my lens glass from scratches, chips, and smudges.
6. Promaster 58mm Digital Circular Polarizing Filter. This is my favorite filter to use because you can adjust the color of the sky, reduce glare, and manage reflections on different surfaces.
7. SanDisk Extreme 32GB SecureDigital Memory Card. My camera body holds two memory cards so I use two SanDisk Extreme 32GB cards when I take photographs.
8. Lowepro Pro Roller x100 Camera Bag. We have this exact roller bag and it is perfect for carrying on camera equipment. It’s small enough to fit in any overhead plane compartment, and large enough to fit my camera body, my husband’s camera body, multiple lenses, a laptop, iPad, and other accessories.
9. Tamrac S.A.S. Compact Filter Case. Because I have a variety of accessories inside of my bag, organization is important to me. I use this small filter case to keep everything in order.
10. Sunpak Ultra 7000 2-in-1 Tripod/Monopod. This tripod/monopod combo is pretty awesome. It was a purchase I made because I wanted to be able to take family photos and group photos on vacation, etc, and I don’t regret it at all.
11. iMo Native Village Camera Strap. This is my favorite camera strap! It’s bright, comfortable, and makes my camera feel more personalized.
12. WD My Passport for Mac 1TB Portable External Hard Drive. I back up all of my images on an external hard drive because 1. My MacBook Pro often runs out of room, and 2. Because I’m paranoid. I do it mainly because I’m paranoid because I’ve heard horror stories of people losing ALL of their photographs. I’d be devastated.
13. Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens. This is the camera lens I bought with my D600 body. It’s a versatile zoom lens and I’ve really enjoyed it.
14. Wacom Bamboo Connect Pen Tablet (CTL470). I bought this tablet because it was such a good deal on Amazon. I wanted to be able to doodle on different photographs for my blog and although I’ve messed around with it, I haven’t published any of the photos. I need to get on that. For now, it sits in my camera bag… waiting. Tear.
Ok, and that’s about everything. What do you guys carry around with you?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Filed Under: Photography, Travel, Travel Essentials