Sometimes I have the urge to write sarcastic, snarky posts and today was one of those days. It’s no secret that I quit my job to move abroad with Brandon for his career, and this post explains some of the comments I’ve heard throughout the past couple of years. Sadly, quitting your job to pursue other things is often looked down upon, so memorize these responses and save this awesome GIF to your computer if you’re in the same boat.
5 things you might hear after quitting your job to pursue something else:
1. Oh, you’re one of those women. Giving up your career for a man, huh?
Yes. I base all of my decisions on the fact that I’m married and because there’s a man in my life, I’m no longer able to think for myself. #helpmeimmarried
2. What will you do next? Start popping out kids?
Great observation. I do have a uterus and my sole purpose on this Earth is to help out the population by reproducing. This is clearly my next step in life.
3. You’ll feel so lost without a proper career.
Because blogging, writing that book, traveling, taking photographs, starting a small business, and pursuing my dreams will rot my brain and make me way unhappier than that 9-5 desk job I used to have. Bingo.
4. Why can’t you talk to me on the phone constantly? You’re at home all day!
Of course I’ll drop everything for you! You’re the one with the real career and like you said, I’m at home all day. Don’t mind that schedule I try and stick to. Writing, editing photos, and answering emails can wait!
5. It’s so weird that you’re having to rely on your husband and make decisions with him. I thought you were independent. Last time I checked I was still the same person, but you’re right, I make decisions with my husband; it’s what married people usually do. After all, he helped me decide to start a photography business and he fully supports my decision to do this full-time.
Have you heard any of these comments?
Filed Under: Lifestyle