Because I enjoy relaxing baths, I go through a lot of bath salts. I finally decided to make them myself after realizing how much I spent every couple of months, plus I now know every single ingredient that’s going into my bathtub. This makes me enjoy my happy place even more! By following this simple recipe and making your own bath salts, you can include essential oils with many health benefits. I always make a batch of lavender bath salts because it reduces stress and helps me fall asleep at night, and also tea tree oil to help with blemishes on my back. There’s a perfect essential oil for everyone! Feel free to make your own and to also give them away as gift to friends and family members.
What you’ll need for DIY bath salts:
1. Dead sea salt.
2. Epsom salt.
3. Essential oils or your favorite perfume.
4. Food coloring. (optional)
5. Dried herbs. (optional)
1. The ingredients will always be 2 parts dead sea salt to 1 part epsom salt, so my measurement was based on the size of jar I chose. I used a large glass bowl to mix both of these ingredients.
2. Add a few drops of essential oils or perfume to the mixture and stir. If needed, you can add more, but make sure the smell isn’t overbearing.
3. Add a few drops of food coloring until you get your desired shade and stir.
4. Place in jar and top with dried herbs. I added dried chamomile but this is completely optional.
And there you have it — DIY bath salts in a snap! I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe.
Note: I found all of these lovely jars at the Dollar Store!
Filed Under: DIY