Since we are currently on our way to Rome, I wanted to post a few of my travel must-haves.
1. My hair is always a mess on flights. My bangs get greasy and everything else turns into static. Hair ties are a must — especially comfortable ones like these.
2. Because of a travel neck pillow I bought a few years ago, I can now sleep on any type of aircraft. It doesn’t matter if the seats are uncomfortable (they always are since I’m short), something about a pillow cradling my sore neck makes me fall asleep. It’s ah-mazing.
3. I have regular head phones but I want these so badly. They’re more expensive but would be completely worth it. On more than one flight, we’ve experienced a baby crying for hours. Plus theses look comfortable.
4. I use my Longchamp bag as a carry-on because I can fit everything in it. Sure, it would be better with a few more zippers and inside compartments, but it works for now.
5. The skin around my eyes becomes very dry and puffy on flights. I apply a little Clinique All About Eyes and it works like a charm.
6. It’s smart to tuck away some makeup removing wipes in your carry-on. Waking up to caked on and crusty makeup is never fun. These wipes are gentle and will help control oil, too.
7. I always try and find a big bottle of Smartwater past security because I drink A LOT on flights. The flight attendants come around quite often on International flights, but having your own water never hurts.
8. I love using a passport holder because I don’t want prying eyes looking at my most prized possession. I also use the holder to stash away my boarding passes and luggage receipts, and a holder makes my passport easier to find in my large purse.
9. Brandon bought me a Kindle Fire for my birthday this year and I cannot live without it. Our iPad is fast and nice to use, but it’s a little too large for me. Maybe it’s because I have no upper body strength, but every time I use it in bed or on a plane, I feel it getting heavier and heavier. I could try resting it on something, but I prefer to hold it near my face (because I’m blind).
What are your travel essentials?
Filed Under: Travel, Travel Essentials